Cookies and Web Beacons
If you would like to opt out of third-party cookies, here are some options-
Google provides a suite of tools to control its cookies:
- Google Analytics, which is a tool used to track and report website traffic, provides an out-out browser add-on that can be downloaded here.
- Google Safety Centre has a tool where you can control the ads you see on Google and control the data used for serving ads to you. It can be found here.
Browser-level cookie controls
Most popular browsers allow you to manage cookie settings. These settings can usually be found in the ‘Settings’, ‘Options’ or ‘Preferences’ menu of your browser. We included the links below to help you find the settings for some common browsers.
- Manage cookie settings in Chromeand Chrome Android and Chrome iOS
- Manage cookie settings in Firefox
- Manage cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Manage cookie settings in Microsoft Edge
- Manage cookie settings in Safariand Safari iOS
Contact & Communication
Data Collection and Use
When you use our Services by, among other actions, subscribing to our newsletter, browsing our Site or otherwise interacting with our Services, we gather personal information. This information is necessary for delivering you the Services or enhancing your customer experience.
Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable individual. Several types of personal information can be are gathered when you interact with the Services. Examples of such personal information include your name, email address, demographic data (such as age, gender, and zip code), and interests.
We and our service providers collect personal information in a variety of ways, including when you:
- Sign up to receive emails, newsletters, or other communications;
- Participate in surveys, contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions offered via the Services;
- Otherwise, communicate with us via the Services; or
- Take a survey offline or participate in an in-person reader interview
Use of Personal Information
We collect, use or otherwise process personal information as allowed under applicable law, including where based on one or more of the following:
The performance of the contract we have with you;
The legitimate interests of FishingPicks, a third party, or yourself. “Legitimate interest” is a technical term under the regulation. It means that there are good reasons for the processing of your personal information and measures are taken to minimize the impact on your privacy rights and interests.
“Legitimate interest” also references our use of your data in ways you would reasonably expect and that have a minimal privacy impact. We have a legitimate interest in collecting and processing personal information, for example: (1) to ensure that our networks and information are secure; (2) to administer and generally conduct business within FishingPicks; and (3) to prevent fraud;
The compliance of a legal obligation to which we are subject; or The consent you provide to us at the point of collection of your personal information.
We use personal information to:
- Provide you with content and services that you request;
- Communicate with you about changes to our policies;
- Send you newsletters and emails;
- Provide you with advertising, including advertising based on your activity on our Services or activity on third-party sites and applications;
- Administer contests, sweepstakes, promotions, and surveys;
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal;
- Communicate with you about your account, respond to your inquiries and send you information about features and enhancements of the Services; and
- Perform statistical, demographic, and marketing analyses of users of the Services.
- We may aggregate and/or anonymize personal information so that it will no longer be considered personal information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose.
How You Can Access/Change/Delete Your Personal Information
If you would like to request to review, correct, restrict or delete personal information that you have previously provided to us, object to the processing of personal information, or request to receive an electronic copy of your personal information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may contact us by completing this form.
In your request, please state what personal information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your personal information suppressed from our database, or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion (e.g., when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the personal information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion).
If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted to the Services by contacting us at the information listed above.
Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
About Google Advertising
Any advertisements served by Google, Inc. and affiliated companies may be controlled using cookies. These cookies allow Google to display ads based on your visits to this site and other sites that use Google advertising services. Learn how to opt-out of Google’s cookie usage. As mentioned above, any tracking done by Google through cookies and other mechanisms is subject to Google’s own privacy policies.
Third-party websites (external link)
We may work with third-party advertising companies that may utilize web beacons, cookies, pixel tags, or other similar technologies to better provide advertisements about goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services. These companies do not have access to your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, or other Personal Information from us. They may, however, anonymously track your Internet usage across other websites in their networks beyond the Services. To learn more about the use of this information or to choose not to have this information used by our third-party advertising partners by opting out, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative by clicking: http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
Amazon Associates Program
Choosemarker.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Content on this site may contain affiliate links. These links take you to third-party sites, such as Amazon.com. If you make a purchase, ChooseMarker may receive a commission. Not every link is an affiliate link, but some are.
We may occasionally place banner ads on the site that will also result in commission. Furthermore, some of the text/image ads throughout the site are Amazon.com ads. All prices are get by Product Advertising API.
Product Reviews and Guidelines
Quality cannot beat quantity, and we believe that by heart. On our website, you will get a number of highly rich content and reviews of different products for your daily use. So as a random visitor, questions may arise in your mind about why should you trust us?
Here is how we work on this–
- We have professionals working for choosemarker.com who have firsthand experience in their niche.
- Every single review on choosemarker.com is unbiased and honest. Before creating the content, we make sure to select the best product.
- For many of the products that we review, we do first-hand unboxing. For some products, we’re depended on user reviews, manufacturer’s websites, user manuals, and similar resources.
- If we are unboxing any product, a complete team of experts, including researchers and editors, works together to give you the legit information on the product.
- We have some employee who is working on various sites to collect the entire database of user reviews and combine them with the experts.
- Despite the meticulous preparations and our utmost sincerity, there may have been misses of crucial information on our part, or the source platforms (sites, blogs, and Youtube Channels) we gather information from might have committed unwilling mistakes or miss to update information in due time. In that case, our ardent request is to inform us of any omissions or wrongs you encounter while reading articles on ChooseMarker.
The COPPA stands for the Children Online Privacy Protection Act, and it deals with the personal information of children below the age of 13. With this act, parents are given the control to ensure the maximum protection of children’s privacy.
Also, we never use any personal data in our marketing policies that are related to such children.
If a parent or guardian believes that choosemarker.com has in its database the personally-identifiable information of a child under the age of 13, please contact us immediately (using the contact in the first paragraph), and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising (Ver 1.1)
The Website works with Mediavine to manage third-party interest-based advertising appearing on the Website. Mediavine serves content and advertisements when you visit the Website, which may use first and third-party cookies. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website.
First party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tags”) may be placed on the Website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each internet browser has functionality so that you can block both first and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notification of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies and how to clear your browser’s cache. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, you can consult the information at All About Cookies.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site. In the event you opt-out, you will still see non-personalized advertisements on the Website.
The Website collects the following data using a cookie when serving personalized ads:
- IP Address
- Operating System type
- Operating System version
- Device Type
- Language of the website
- Web browser type
- Email (in hashed form)
Mediavine Partners (companies listed below with whom Mediavine shares data) may also use this data to link to other end user information the partner has independently collected to deliver targeted advertisements. Mediavine Partners may also separately collect data about end users from other sources, such as advertising IDs or pixels, and link that data to data collected from Mediavine publishers in order to provide interest-based advertising across your online experience, including devices, browsers and apps. This data includes usage data, cookie information, device information, information about interactions between users and advertisements and websites, geolocation data, traffic data, and information about a visitor’s referral source to a particular website. Mediavine Partners may also create unique IDs to create audience segments, which are used to provide targeted advertising.
If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices to opt-in or opt-out of this data collection, please visit National Advertising Initiative opt out page. You may also visit Digital Advertising Alliance website and Network Advertising Initiative website to learn more information about interest-based advertising. You may download the AppChoices app at Digital Advertising Alliance’s AppChoices app to opt out in connection with mobile apps, or use the platform controls on your mobile device to opt out.
For specific information about Mediavine Partners, the data each collects and their data collection and privacy policies, please visit Mediavine Partners.
Last Updated on: December-03-2022